As a nonprofit organization, Rock-it Science needs your support in order to continue bringing science to underserved schools and creating free resources for teachers. Here are some ways you can help us:
- Make a Donation -- This is the most effective way to support us. Rock-It Science is a 501(c)3 nonprofit charitable organization, and donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Donate Now --securely through PayPal (PayPal account not required).
Past Sponsors include: Moore Family Foundation, Northrup-Grumman Foundation, House Family Foundation, Noyce Foundation, Tessera Technologies, Mountain Winery, Individual Donors.
- Donate Equipment and "Stuff" - Cleaning out your garage or office? Check with us before disposing of used items. We may be able to use them in our lab. Sometimes even non-working equipment can be taken apart and used in experiments. See our Equipment Wish List.
- Donate Supplies - We use large amounts of office supplies and household items for our lessons. Some of them are relatively inexpensive, but over the course of a year it adds up! If you can donate some of these, it will help our funds go farther. See our list of Frequently-Used Supplies, and when you're out shopping, pick up a few extra items for Rock-it Science.
- Volunteer to Do Humorous Science Activities with Kids! -- Schools and youth groups everywhere would jump at the chance to have science activities like the ones we offer here at Rock-it Science. But most teachers and youth leaders don’t have the time, budget, or science background to do it themselves. That’s where you come in. Use our FREE lesson plans and videos to learn to do Rock-it Science-style activities in your own community. Read more . . .
- Volunteer for our Annual "Prep Day" - Once a year, just before Summer Camps begin, we buy all the supplies for the entire summer. But before they can be used, many items need to be measured, cut, counted, drilled, bundled, etc. Some tasks require familiarity with power tools, but others can be done by anyone. Join our Mailing List to be notified of volunteer projects like this one.
- Write Grant Applications - Assist with fundraising projects.
- Serve on our Board of Directors - We're looking for a few people who really understand and support our way of teaching science, and who are willing to help network, promote, and raise funds for Rock-it Science so we can offer more classes.